Slingshot Slingwing V2
Slingshot Slingwing V2
Free and Fast UK Shipping and European Delivery
Available with 0% Finance with Klarna from three payments of £226.34.
What new for 2021?
- Its half the weight of the original and now currently the lightest on the market
- Wing span difference from 3.2-6.4 is 0.7m
- Slingshot bombproof build quality
- Luffs perfectly behind rider whilst negotiating waves and pumping the foil.
- Packs down small into a neat, compact back pack
- Early tests with riders indicate this is the one people have been waiting for!
Wingsurfing has exploded as a discipline over the last year and Slingshot has been taking notes. The all new Slingwing V2 has been engineered to check all the boxes. The first design factor in a performance wing is ultra-light weight construction, and the Slingwing V2 comes in at half the weight of the original. A light-weight build provides for effortless wrist control and oscillation cancellation while luffing the wing and leaving the power behind you. Beginners will benefit from reduced arm fatigue in light air conditions, while advanced riders will find it dramatically easier to get the wing flying for deep water starts on tiny boards.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THE SLINGWING V2
- The Slingwing V2 is light weight and comes in at half the weight of original wings.
- It offers easy one handed wrist control while luffing or surfing with no oscillation or nose diving.
- Low end power is perfect for getting up on all size boards and deep water starts.
- Soft handles offer total control and amazing comfort for hours of shredding. + The cambered dihedral design lets you harmonise the wind, body and foil into speed and control.
- Cross over use for paddle board, skis/snowboard, skateboard or land board at the beach.
Who is it for?
Anyone who wants the thrill of being powered by the wind over water, land or snow. Anyone with decent board skills, but little to no sailing or kiting experience will get the hang of it right out of the gate. Its unique appeal comes from how simple it is to use and the freedom you feel using it. Just stand on your board, hold the wing at the proper angle and off you go. To ease power, just sheet out or let go with your back hand and the wing drifts with you like a paper airplane.
Wing, SlingWing back pack, Safety leash, QSG, Bladder patch kit, Free sign up at Foil-Academy.com
Shop Wing Pump here.
SLINGWING V2 FEATURES
- Leading Edge Handle: Control the wing with one hand while luffing and riding swell, the soft material under the handle ensures your knuckles won’t scuff
- 4x4 Canopy Material: Light and stiff with proven rip stop capability 5. Consistent Wingspan: Limits wingtip drag even in the largest sizes
- Wrist Leash Attachment Pigtail: Attach your leash with the pull through method or with a quick Larks Head Knot
- Transfer Handle: Its Cross-Strut orientation makes use of simple ergonomic orientation for smooth transfers
between luffing and powered riding
- Y-Handle Wing Tensioners: Provide increased upwind angles and more powered jumping, while also functioning to keep the wingtips pulled in and the wing full of power under intense wind pressure
- Harness Line Attachment Pigtails: Quick connect / disconnect of your harness line
The Benefits of Forward Pull
Next up is the desire for more forward pull through your front hand and out through the nose of your board. The Cambered Dihedral shape aides the rider in getting up onto the foil not only with increased forward board speed, but by also providing a constant tractor like pull. The forward pull designed into the wing allows the rider to push the board forward in the water with their legs against the pull of the wing, increasing water flow over the foil and proving lift. The constant forward traction allows you to keep the board chugging forward to pick up even small wind-swell for an added boost of speed and lift.
Designed to Fly with You
No matter your level, the rider wants a wing that has a slight lift during 1-handed flight while luffing or transferring. Nobody likes a wing that wants to dive towards the water while mid-tack or while luffing down a swell. The Leading-Edge Handle and new Transfer Handle have been placed to compliment the wings slight upward pull so that the wing is always floating perfectly within reach. Much of the joy of winging on a foil-board comes from ditching the power of the wing and holding the LE Handle with one hand, effortlessly cruising from swell to swell playing with the energy in the water. Since the rider will spend as much time possible luffing with one hand on the LE Handle you want the softest material you can get under the LE Handle to keep from grinding down the skin on your knuckles each session. The same comfort factor goes for all the other handles where Slingshot has made sure to keep handle areas free of any rough seems.
Ergonomically Designed with the Rider in Mind
During each session the rider will make countless transfers between luffing the wing with one hand, to powering it back up with two hands. It can be cumber- some to switch from a vertical leading-edge handle to horizontally placed strut handle. Slingshot’s new Transfer Handle makes use of simple ergonomic orientation for smooth transfers between luffing and powered riding. While riding in strong wind conditions, jumping, or vigorously pumping the wing to get up on foil you want a wing that will not deform and spill the wind. The Slingshot Y-Handle not only provides increased upwind angles and more powered jump- ing, it also functions to keep the wingtips pulled in and the wing full of power under intense wind pressure. Beginner wingers and smaller folks have been consistently frustrated by long wingspans that allow the wing-tips to catch in the water and cause the rider to lose control of the wing. The Slingwing V2 has a reduced wingspan that stays consistent across all five sizes and keeps the wingtips out of the water. More advanced riders looking to progress to hooking into the wing with a harness will enjoy the built in Pigtail harness line attachment points.
Legendary Slingshot Construction and Durability
Riders of all levels are looking for a wing that will last, especially while tumbling around with a hydrofoil connected to your board. That is where the extra tough 4x4 canopy material is matched with double leading-edge bladder seams. This new construction allows for higher PSI inflation, providing more rigidity in the main bladder and added tension across the wing. Remember, when not in use, deflate and store in the included bag. Do not leave the wing inflated on rough surfaces or wear can occur.
Wet n Dry Boardsports wants you to enjoy your purchases as soon as possible, so we strive to dispatch your order on the same day if ordered before 1pm. (subject to payment authorization and stock availability). If there is going to be a delay for any reason we’ll let you know.
Standard delivery is currently free to the UK*
* Excludes Northern Ireland, highlands and islands, please call or mail for a quote for delivery to these destinations. firstname.lastname@example.org
For European or Worldwide shipping please contact us for a shipping quote.
If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, you can return it to us in its original condition (with packaging and tags intact) within 14 days of the purchase date. We will either issue a full refund for the item or send a different size if you would like an exchange. Just let us know what size you would like.
In all return correspondence, please indicate your order number and name.
Please note that if goods are not returned in the condition in which you received them, we reserve the right to refuse such returns.